JOB ID: ENVHire10
STATUS: Permanent, Full-time
LOCATION: Peterborough, Kingston, Barrie, Oshawa, or Remote Ontario
Cambium is a successful consulting and engineering company built on quality people doing quality work in a rewarding environment. It’s our team that makes us unique. We are currently seeking a Project Manager with a wide variety of noise/acoustical experience to join our Environmental Services team. The successful candidate will provide strong technical support to projects and will mentor intermediate and junior staff, with a focus on managing client relationships.
Please note: This position allows for remote work, therefore we are accepting applicants from anywhere
• Responsible for project planning, scheduling, allocation of personnel and resources, budgeting, regular
communication with staff, clients and subcontractors, and project-related invoicing
• Responsible for the retention of existing clients and the acquisition of new clients
• Accountable for revenue, costs and profitability on all project work assigned
• Plan and coordinate the technical activities for sound level measurements and noise propagation prediction
• Complete site inspections; identify and collect data
• Write, review, summarize and interpret data (including spreadsheet calculations) to provide clear and concise communication to clients
• Assess noise/vibration impacts to relevant guidelines, regulations and standards and develop mitigation
• Work with ISO 9613-2 noise propagation calculations and software modelling
• Ensure accuracy and quality of technical information and project documentation
• Coordinate and implement fieldwork to conduct data collection
• Adherence to health and safety protocols for self and support staff
• Write or contribute technically to scopes of work for projects and proposals
• Provide training to junior and intermediate Cambium personnel
• Manage time, scope and budget of assigned projects
• Travel to project sites and meetings as required
• Fieldwork in all seasons; travel and overtime may be required
• Bachelor of Applied Science or Engineering specializing in noise/acoustical services
• Currently Registered with PEO as a P.Eng.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with environmental consulting in Ontario
• Minimum 10 years relevant experience
• Outstanding organizational, communication, and technical skills, and attention to detail
• Desire to succeed in a dynamic, progressive organization
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong knowledge and experience using CadnaA/Predictor, SoundPLAN, STAMSON
• Familiar with noise and vibration measurement methods and standards
• A proven ability to analyze data, write reports, provide quality control and assurance and present results to Clients
• Comfort with business development initiatives, networking, client interaction, and building a business.
• Experience in architectural acoustics, and/or vibration measurements considered an asset
• Experience managing project-related financial data
• Thorough knowledge of and ability to interpret regulations, guidelines and standards
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and oral
• Excellence in communication and collaboration skills that facilitate detailed planning, timely decision-making and efficient implementation
• Valid driver’s license
Cambium welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you’re interested, send us some information that helps us understand how you are the right fit for this role and our team. Kindly forward your documents, in electronic format only, to email@example.com.
Our team is different. From camping trips and movie nights to company ball-hockey tournaments in the parking lot, our team likes to have a good time together.
Our team is hard-working. You’ll need to be flexible and able to manage priorities. Sometimes the days are long. But you are always compensated for your efforts, including a minimum of 3 weeks of vacation for new, full-time team members.
Our team is proud. Flexible scheduling. Donating a portion of our net income each year to local causes and events. Winning awards. You’ll find it easy to feel good about Cambium.
If you want to read about a few of the benefits of working for Cambium, check out our Careers page: