JOB ID: ENVHire24
STATUS: Contract, Full-time
LOCATION: Peterborough, Ontario
Cambium is a successful consulting and engineering company built on quality people doing quality work in a rewarding environment. It’s our team that makes us unique.
And…our team is growing! We are currently seeking an Intermediate Noise Technician to join our team and support projects related to Noise Assessments, Acoustic Data Collection and Modelling, Acoustic
Assessment and Audit Reporting, Noise Impact Studies, Vibration Measurements, and ECA/EASR/REA
• Participating in the technical activities for noise and/or vibration data collection and modelling.
• Complete site inspections; identify and collect data from noise/vibration producing sources.
• Review, summarize, and interpret data to provide conclusions and mitigation recommendations.
• Noise modelling using CadnaA/Predictor and STAMSON software.
• Completing ECA and EASR Applications.
• Write or review detailed technical documents including spreadsheet calculations.
• Field work in all seasons; travel and overtime may be required.
• Professionally communicate with applicable team members and clients.
• Manage and coordinate field instrumentation usage and operations.
• Adherence to health and safety protocols for self and support staff, if applicable.
• Bachelor’s degree or diplomas in applicable science or engineering disciplines. Registered with,
Professional Engineers Ontario as an Engineer in Training (EIT) or Professional Engineer (P.Eng) or as a
Certified Engineering Technologist (CET).
• Strong knowledge and 3 to 5 years of relevant employment experience in environmental noise and
vibration (preferably in consulting environment).
• Superior written communication skills are essential. Ability to communicate well with others and engage in technical conversations.
• Works well independently as well as a part of a team.
• Familiarity with relevant federal and provincial legislation and regulations.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite, CadnaA/Predicotr, and STAMSON.
• The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skills with fluency (reading, writing
and oral) in English
• Valid driver’s license
Cambium welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you’re interested, send us some information that helps us understand how you are the right fit for this role and our team. Kindly forward your documents, in electronic format only, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our team is different. From camping trips and movie nights to company ball-hockey tournaments in the parking lot, our team likes to have a good time together.
Our team is hard-working. You’ll need to be flexible and able to manage priorities. Sometimes the days are long. But you are always compensated for your efforts, including a minimum of 3 weeks of vacation for new, full-time team members.
Our team is proud. Flexible scheduling. Donating a portion of our net income each year to local causes and events. Winning awards. You’ll find it easy to feel good about Cambium.
If you want to read about a few of the benefits of working for Cambium, check out our Careers page: