RWDI is seeking an energetic and motivated individual to join our Acoustics, Noise and Vibration (NAV) team. The successful candidate will have one to three years of experience analyzing and resolving challenging client problems as an acoustician. We are open to have this position work out of our Victoria BC, Vancouver BC, Calgary AB, Toronto ON, or Portland OR office.
The role includes but is not limited to:
- Following established methodology to conduct field measurements and inspections
- Data collection, modelling, post-processing, analysis, interpretation, and documentation of results
- Following defined quality assurance processes
- Active and frequent communication with project managers, clients, and others within the NAV team
- Communicating complex technical materials in straight-forward language
Note that practitioners within the NAV team are purely technical. This role does not involve project management. There are, however, opportunities to interact with clients and support the project management team.
We are accepting applications from candidates with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable engineering or science disciplines
- Minimum one year of experience in an acoustical or environmental consulting environment, or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge of key areas of acoustics and/or environmental noise such as
- Building code requirements and applicable metrics (e.g. STC, NC, etc)
- Environmental noise regulations (e.g. NPC-300, EUB Directive 38, local bylaws, etc)
- Modelling software (e.g. Cadna/A, Odeon, Ibana, TNM, etc)
- Ability to interpret architectural/mechanical/electrical drawings and specifications
- Familiarity with acoustic instrumentation, data acquisition systems and digital signal processing
- Appreciation of consulting business practices and work environment
- Ability to deliver quality technical work with focus on project budgets and deliverable schedules
- Registration as an Engineer in Training or Professional Engineer is an asset
The Acoustics, Noise and Vibration team is a close-knit, social team where people love what they do. Team members work independently on a daily basis to contribute to the success of the team’s work. The successful applicant will demonstrate strong collaboration, people, and teamwork skills as well ability to prioritize and complete work independently. Individuals within this high-performing team must manage their time carefully, and balance
work for several ongoing projects simultaneously. Problem solving, ability to learn independently, and initiative-taking are key qualities that will contribute to personal success individuals within the team.
Please submit your cover letter and resume at the following link: http://rwdi.com/en_ca/people/careers
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Thank you in advance for your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be
RWDI endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with AODA and the Human Rights Code.