RWDI is seeking an energetic and motivated individual to join our Acoustics, Noise and Vibration team as a Senior / Specialist in the Noise, Acoustics, and Vibration group. The successful candidate will have 5 to 7 years of experience analyzing and resolving challenging client problems as an acoustician. We are open to have this position work out of our Victoria BC, Vancouver BC, Guelph ON or Philadelphia PA office.
The role includes but is not limited to:
- Providing mentorship and technical guidance to more junior staff
- Helping to resolve challenging problems in consultation with international design-oriented clients
- Conducting field measurement and inspections in international locations.
- Assisting with data collection, modelling, post-processing, analysis, interpretation, and documentation of results
- Communicating complex technical materials in straight-forward language
- Writing technical project reports that present the methodology, results and recommendations
- Following defined quality assurance processes
Note that practitioners within the NAV team are purely technical. This role does not involve project management. There are, however, opportunities to interact with clients and support the project management team.
We are accepting applications from candidates with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable engineering or science disciplines
- Minimum five years of experience in an acoustical consulting environment, or equivalent, and as part of design teams
- Knowledge of physical acoustics and acoustical requirements for buildings (e.g., STC, NC ratings, speech intelligibility)
- Ability to interpret architectural/mechanical/electrical drawings and specifications
- Familiarity with acoustic instrumentation, data acquisition systems and digital signal processing
- Demonstrated experience with consulting business practices and work environment
- Ability to deliver quality technical work with focus on project budgets and deliverable schedules
The Acoustics, Noise and Vibration team is a close-knit, social team where people love what they do. Team members work independently on a daily basis to contribute to the success of the team’s work. The successful applicant will demonstrate strong collaboration, people, and teamwork skills as well ability to prioritize and complete work independently. Individuals within this high-performing team must manage their time carefully, and balance
work for several ongoing projects simultaneously. Problem solving, ability to learn independently, and initiative-taking are key qualities that will contribute to personal success individuals within the team.
Please submit your cover letter and resume at the following link: http://rwdi.com/en_ca/people/careers
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Thank you in advance for your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be
RWDI endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with AODA and the Human Rights Code.