Student Presentation Award
PURPOSE AND NATURE
Three “CAA Best Student Presentation Award” are awarded each year during the Acoustic Week in Canada conference to recognize the quality of the work and presentation of its student members. The prize consist in a $300.00 honorarium, a certificate and a mention in the December issue of Canadian Acoustics journal as well as online announcement on CAA website and posting into the various social media of CAA (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.). The Award ceremony takes usually place during the last luncheon of the conference (usually Friday, but double check the current conference schedule). The list of past recipients is also available on CAA website.
ELIGIBILITY AND APPLICATION
To register to the competition, fill the online form, by the deadline given on the AWC conference website (usually under Student Information section accessible from the upper left menu). The eligibility criteria for this award are as follows:
• Full-time student registered at a Canadian university;
• Student member of the CAA;
• Distance traveled to the conference must exceed 150 km (one way);
• Submission of a conference proceedings paper with the applicant as the first author;
• Presentation of the paper by the student at the conference; and
• Registered to the conference and with online application form completed before deadline (usually August 15th, see AWC website for any specific date, usually under Student Information section accessible from the upper left menu)
EVALUATION PROCESS AND PAYMENT
At conference time, each eligible presentation is evaluated by 3 peers designated by the Session Chair in coordination with the CAA Award Coordinator. The evaluation criteria for this award are described in the evaluation form used by peer referees is available here. The CAA Award Coordinator forward the received comments -if any- to the enrolled candidates. The winners will automatically receive their honorarium, at the address specified during their online application. Winners are highly encouraged to attend the Award ceremony takes usually place during the last luncheon of the conference (usually Friday, but double check the current AWC conference schedule).