Guelph, ON or Toronto, ON
RWDI AIR Inc., part of the RWDI Group of Companies, specializes in resolving air quality, sound and vibration, climate change, hydrogeological as well as waste management issues for a wide array of architectural, engineering, industrial, commercial and government clients. With locations and 100+ people strategically positioned throughout Canada, we have worked closely with many different sectors for approximately 40 years to meet measurement, modelling, design, mitigation and regulatory needs.
We are seeking an energetic and motivated individual to join our Acoustics, Noise and Vibration team in Guelph or Toronto as an Senior / Specialist in the Noise, Acoustics, and Vibration group. The successful candidate will have at least ten years of Environmental Noise experience, with recent experience with regulatory (MECP, MTO) applications in Ontario.
The role includes but is not limited to:
· Providing mentorship and technical guidance to more junior staff
· Helping to resolve challenging environmental noise and vibration problems for a wide variety of clients including industrial, institutional, and land developers
· Maintaining technical excellence through quality assurance and mentorship
· Supporting field measurement programs ranging from same day site visits to support of multi-year monitoring programs in a variety of challenging settings
· Communicating complex technical concepts in straight-forward language that supports client understanding
We are accepting applications from candidates with the following qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in applicable engineering or science disciplines
· Minimum ten years of experience in environmental noise assessment
· Demonstrated history of understanding and applying Ontario MECP and MTO noise guidelines
· In-depth knowledge of Cadna/A, ORNAMENT, and Microsoft Excel
· A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
· Superior written and verbal communication skills
· Registration with Professional Engineers Ontario is an asset
The Acoustics, Noise and Vibration team is a close-knit, social team where people love what they do. Team members work independently on a daily basis to contribute to the success of the team’s work. The successful applicant will demonstrate strong collaboration, people, and teamwork skills as well ability to prioritize and complete work independently. Individuals within this high-performing team must manage their time carefully, and balance work for several ongoing projects simultaneously. Problem solving, ability to learn independently, and initiative-taking are key qualities that will contribute to personal success individuals within the team.
Please submit your cover letter and resume at the following link:
Thank you in advance for your application. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Salary: Commensurate with experience
RWDI endorses and practices the principles of equal opportunity employment.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process.
Date of Posting: 3/11/2019