Reports directly to: Director, Research & Development
Reports indirectly to: President/CEO
Salary, vacation, expenses, etc: As per Employment Agreement
Pliteq is an engineering company and global innovator in recycled rubber building products for commercial sound control. We are currently seeking a Research Engineer to join our team! Please visit our website at www.pliteq.com for more information about the company.
Our ideal candidate is a motivated, self starter, with detailed technical knowledge of acoustics and vibration, has completed relevant course work and has practical experience in the construction industry. Qualifications shall include:
• Bachelor of Science degree with course work in acoustics and vibrations and 5 years experience or a Masters of Science in Acoustics or related field.
• Laboratory experience performing acoustical and vibration measurements such as impedance tubes, transmissibility, dynamic stiffness and non-linear stiffness
• Laboratory or field experience performing transmission loss and impact noise measurements such as ASTM E90, E336, E492, E1007 or ISO equivalent standards
• Product development experience
• Matlab, Mathmatica or similar scientific programing language
• General knowledge of how building systems interact
• Hands-on construction experience a plus
• 2D and 3D CAD experience
• Comfortable with public speaking
• Acoustical consulting experience a plus
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills
• Must be able to legally work in Canada
Summary of Position:
A research engineer will assist with the development of new products, oversee laboratory ASTM E90 and E492 testing along with other relevant testing,
• Develop new products.
o Help come up with new ideas
o Generate Total Product Specification Reports for products in development
o Use CAD to create concept sketches
• Oversee ASTM E90 & E492 testing
o Arrange for all material to be shipped to the lab
o Travel to lab to witness construction and testing
• Oversee Robinson wheel and other testing
• In-House testing (Impact, Dynamic Stiffness, Transmissibility)
o Develop test plans
o Conduct experiments using dynamic signal analyzers and mechanical test frames.
o Share key results and observations with other Pliteq personnel
o Write in-house technical report
• Work with Operations to help develop and implement quality control procedures
• Attend at least two acoustical conferences a year (ASA, NoiseCon, Inter-Noise, etc.)
• Present at least once a year at an acoustical conference (ASA, NoiseCon, Inter-Noise, etc.)
• Willingness and ability to travel within North America and abroad
• Able to lift 40 lbs
• Proficiency with computers running Microsoft Windows and Apple OS X/macOS
Please submit your resume, in PDF format to:
We thank you for your interest in joining our team. Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Posted 4 November 2016