Is the ability to collaborate, create, share ideas and disrupt part of your DNA? Come create with us.
Nureva offers an open and collaborative workplace in its downtown Calgary headquarters and its Ottawa office. We develop and use great tools to enable our people around the world to truly be part of our team.
We are seeking a Manager, Acoustics Test Engineering who leads by example and inspires the team to deliver exceptional results. In this position, you will be directly responsible for managing our acoustics test team and helping expand our evolving audio product line based on our patented Microphone Mist™ technology platform. You possess a deep knowledge of audio analysis, evaluating the acoustic characteristics of audio equipment and enjoy working with new technologies. You have extensive lab experience with audio signal measurement and acoustics analysis equipment, including methods and practices for establishing accurate audio performance characterization of digital communication equipment.
You are diligent and proactive, and you have a reputation for taking an innovative approach when solving new and difficult problems for which test equipment and procedures may not exist. You enjoy collaborating with small teams and have the resourcefulness and initiative to navigate through the challenges of new audio product hardware / firmware development and release management. You take ownership of your deliverables and take pride in the knowledge that your contributions will have an impact on end-users.
• Establish an acoustics test lab with the needed audio measurement equipment and implement industry standard test practices to analyze digital communication devices
• Build and lead a team of acoustics and system testers, delivering efficient and accurate test execution, and innovating new methods for acoustics analysis
• Establish an acoustics test strategy and assemble schedules and budgets for test activities
• Work with the development team to determine if hardware/firmware being developed will meet customer and market requirements
• Create and maintain test documentation
• Compile and report test metrics
• Identify and engage with external acoustics tests labs and test groups
• Support Nureva’s end-to-end product lifecycle by supporting certification efforts and investigating field issues
• A university degree with a specialty in an acoustics-related discipline. Masters or Doctorate degree preferred.
• 8+ years’ experience in acoustics evaluation, measurement and analysis with 3+ years of people management responsibilities
• Strong hands-on knowledge of audio processing algorithms and filters especially related to Acoustic Echo Cancellation and Noise Suppression
• Demonstrated experience in acoustics lab environments and practices
• Knowledge of audio quality standards (e.g. ITU-T)
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and proven ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
We offer a competitive total compensation package, some unique perks and benefits and a great team environment. This role is located in our downtown Calgary, Alberta office. Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate.
Apply online at Nureva.com. Please outline how you will make a difference on our team. We will spend time to help you understand the role and our company to ensure we are a good fit for you.