With these two words, Vertex makes the promise that we will always be versatile in developing solutions to our clients’ unique needs and that we will always demonstrate expertise in our designated fields.
Since 1962, Vertex has been a leading North American provider of environmental services. With over 50 years of expertise, Vertex helps clients achieve their development goals through our versatile suite of services. From the initial site selection, consultation and regulatory approval, through the construction, operation and maintenance phases, to conclusion and environmental cleanup, Vertex offers a diverse range of services throughout the life cycle of our clients’ projects.
Vertex is currently accepting applications for an Acoustical Engineer. The successful candidate will be a key member of our team to support our growth and expansion.
• Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Acoustics, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering with a P. Eng designation
• 5+ years related experience (a combination of education and experience will be considered)
• Proficient in CadnaA and STAMSON
• Experience with conducting field measurements of noise and vibration studies for various types of land uses
• Ability to provide acoustical building design specifications in building design process
• Proficient user of Word, Excel and AutoCAD
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Motivated self-starter with excellent communication skills
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
• Ability to interpret, create and understand architectural and mechanical drawings
• Project Management; including budget control, contractor and client interface and final reporting
• Mitigate building and environmental acoustics selection and design
• Provide acoustic engineering support to the bidding and execution phases of the buildings team
• Provide HVAC design and support
• Produce noise control design for the acoustic design buildings
• Provide engineering expertise in the field of acoustics through all stages of a project
• Engineering analysis, field testing and report preparation
• Conduct field measurements of noise and vibrations
• Participate in client meetings, proposal preparations and presentations
• Work effectively with a multi-disciplinary team of colleagues
• This position can be based out of Sherwood Park, AB, Calgary, AB or Regina, SK.
• This position will require travel from time to time
• Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
• A comprehensive benefit package is provided
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skillset to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
When applying please indicate the following information on your application:
Job Requisition: #002-62
Job Title: Acoustical Engineer
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
Job Posted: May 17, 2019