We find the people who transform organizations. We have a reputation for connecting candidates to roles and organizations where they can make a real difference. It’s built on the credibility we’ve earned. We identify, connect with, and evaluate leaders in the context of our clients’ needs. This isn’t a numbers game – it’s about building long-term relationships with the very top talent in the industry and making connections when they’re ready for a new challenge.
Senior Acoustic Engineer
Our client located in the west end of the GTA is looking to add an Acoustic Engineer to their Senior team.
• Work to develop relationships with the acoustical consulting community and educate the community about sound masking products and system specifications.
• Address technical questions or concerns raised by acoustical consultants/engineers or its distribution network.
• Learn about pertinent industry standards and participate with committees working on updates.
• Provide technical sales support to management and distribution network.
• Research and understand competing products and work with Management to develop technical competitive comparisons.
• Participate in both internal (e.g. training ‘boot camps’ and conferences) and external events (e.g. tradeshows, meet-and-greets).
• Speak at internal and external educational, promotional and training events about varying topics pertaining to acoustics and our products.
• Prepare articles, white papers and case studies for internal and external publication.
• Participate in various research projects and/or client trials as they arise including conducting acoustical measurements and producing reports.
• Provide client feedback to guide future product development Participate in testing of new product developments
• Participate in specifying, procuring, implementing and maintaining acoustical equipment and facilities.
• Maintain accurate, organized records of all activities related to the above activities.
• This position requires some air travel. Trips may average up to several times per year and will be of varying lengths. A valid passport is required.
Experience & Qualifications
• Bachelor or graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related engineering discipline.
• Acoustical Engineer with a minimum of 3 years experience
• Experience with indoor acoustical design, sound masking, speech privacy study is an asset
• Experience with speaker driver/enclosure design also an asset
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present to different size groups
• Solid technical competency in Word, Excel, Microsoft Office and other MS office programs, along with our AV consulting experience
• Strong acoustical engineering ties and reputation in the industry
• Ideally, you are looking for a longer term position within a small organization where there is lots of potential to develop the role, with no corporate ladder to climb.
• Ability to travel throughout the year.
Please send your resume and accompanying cover letter to email@example.com.
Poly Services Group Inc. is committed to accommodating the individual needs of job candidates. If you require any accommodations to ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and job selection processes, please contact us directly.
Thank you to all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.