Novus Environmental Inc. specializes in the fields of air quality, wind & climate, sound, vibration with a goal of harmonizing the built and natural environments. Integrating our expertise across disciplines ensures our clients achieve their goals and realize the most innovative and sustainable solutions available. We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to become a key member of our Environmental Noise Consulting Team in our Guelph, Ontario office.
For more information visit: www.novusenv.com.
At Novus, our goal is to provide our clients with superior service and advice. This is achieved through a positive working environment in which we continually challenge ourselves to listen, learn and innovate.
Our people remain at the core of what we do. We want our employees to succeed and enjoy their work from experiencing stimulating, challenging work to becoming leaders in their fields and communities. We offer a culture that offers an opportunity to grow, mentorship and meaningful work.
The successful candidate will have opportunities to work on environmental related projects, providing specialized noise and vibration advice to clients throughout North America. Working with our senior consultants, your primary responsibilities will include:
• noise and vibration assessments on challenging and stimulating projects encompassing:
– Environmental Noise: examples include noise permitting for industrial /manufacturing facilities, transportation noise for road, rail and aircraft
– Environmental Vibration: examples include design of floors for vibration from occupant activity (footfalls), vehicle-induced vibrations, building services, design for sensitive equipment.
• conducting field measurements in challenging environments, throughout the year;
• working to streamline and standardize data collection and analysis;
• preparing and presenting technical reports;
• coordinating projects to maintain schedule and budgets;
• leading the development of new models and applications related to noise and vibration; and
• establishing effective QA/QC procedures.
To be considered for this position, you must have a high degree of technical acumen, in addition to the following attributes:
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in engineering, physics or related field;
• Ideally eligible for Professional Engineering Licensure in the Province of Ontario
• Preferably, 1-3 years prior experience in an environmental consulting firm
• Passion for a building their career in Environmental Noise and Vibration
• Familiarity with the fundamentals and approaches used to measure, predict and evaluate noise and vibration;
• Proficiency with computational and Office suite software (e.g, Visual Basic, Matlab, MS Office Suite, FEM packages, etc.)
• Flexible and multitasking work habits, ability to work independently and a good team player;
• Ability to travel throughout North America;
• Highly organized, reliable, creative, innovative and energetic worker as well as a quick learner;
• Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
• Special consideration will be given to candidates having experience with:
– vibration modeling software (e.g., CadnaA, CATT, Odeon or EASE, SAP)
– noise and vibration through co-op or internships.
If you are interested in a rewarding and fulfilling career with Novus Environmental, please send your resume and accompanying cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on June 26, 2018