Novus Environmental Inc. specializes in the fields of air quality, wind & climate, sound, vibration, and sustainable water systems with a goal of harmonizing the built and natural environments. Integrating our expertise across disciplines ensures our clients achieve their goals and realize the most innovative and sustainable solutions available. We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to become a key member of our Building Consulting Team in our Guelph, Ontario office.
The successful candidate will work on building design projects, providing specialized acoustics, noise and vibration advice to clients throughout North America. Working with our senior consultants, your primary responsibilities will include:
• Acoustics, noise and vibration assessments on challenging and stimulating projects encompassing:
– Building acoustics: examples include new and retrofit construction for institutional, health care, commercial, educational, recreational facilities for architectural acoustics, building service noise control, environmental noise control, and vibration-sensitive applications
– Building vibration: examples include design of floors for vibration from occupant activity (footfalls), vehicle-induced vibrations, building services, design for sensitive medical and research equipment.
• Conducting field measurements in challenging environments, throughout the year;
• Working to streamline and standardize data collection and analysis;
• Preparation and presentation of technical reports;
• Coordination of projects to maintain schedule and budgets;
• Leading the development of new models and applications related to acoustics, noise and vibration; and
• Establishing effective QA/QC procedures.
To be considered for this position, you must have a high degree of technical acumen and strong desire to work in the field of acoustics and vibration consulting. Additionally, you should retain the following attributes:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering;
• 2 – 5 years of experience in acoustics and/or vibration consulting;
• Ideally eligible for Professional Engineering Licensure in the Province of Ontario
• Familiarity with the fundamentals and approaches used to measure, predict and evaluate building acoustics, noise and vibration;
• Familiarity and proficiency with reading design drawings and site plans;
• Proficiency with computational and office suite software (e.g., Visual Basic, Matlab, Microsoft Office Suite, finite element modeling packages etc.)
• Flexible and multitasking work habits, ability to work independently and a good team player;
• Ability to travel throughout North America;
• Highly organized, reliable, creative, innovative and energetic worker as well as a quick learner;
• Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
• Special consideration will be given to candidates having experience with:
– acoustic and/or vibration modeling software (e.g., CadnaA, CATT, Odeon or EASE, SAP2000)
– acoustics, noise and vibration through co-op or internships.
At Novus, our goal is to provide our clients superior service and advice. This is achieved through a positive working environment in which we continually challenge ourselves to listen, learn and innovate.
If you are interested in a rewarding and fulfilling career with Novus Environmental, please send your resume and accompanying cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on June 26, 2018