2,600 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done—the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec’s Canada Central Environmental Services Practice is looking for a Senior Lead Acoustic Engineer to further expand our successful and growing Acoustic, Noise and Vibration team in our Guelph, Toronto, and Markham, ON offices. Our Acoustical engineers provide specialized services to a wide variety of sectors including industry, government, architecture, transportation, and buildings. Our Acoustics team offers a full suite of services for both environmental and indoor buildings acoustics, including permitting, monitoring, modeling, planning, policy studies, design, and control.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
• Acting technical lead for the Guelph, Markham or Mississauga office
• Managing projects; including budget control, client and contractor interface, final reporting etc.
• Conducting technical analysis, modeling, and measurement
• Providing direction, mentorship, and support to staff in areas of your expertise
• Consulting experience of minimum 15 years, with 20 years or more preferred
• Experience in environmental noise, transportation noise, building acoustics, monitoring/measurement and vibration
• Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Ontario or equivalent (CET).
• Bachelor’s in engineering, physics or relevant science required, with a course in acoustics/noise/vibration.
• Masters or Ph.D. in engineering, physics or relevant science would be an asset.
• Expert in acoustical theory, field measurement and monitoring of sound and vibration.
• Familiarity with a variety of sound and vibration measurement instruments and modeling. software (e.g., CADNA/A, TNM, STAMSON, ODEON/EASE, etc.).
• Strong understanding of Provincial (Ontario) and Federal regulatory requirements and guidelines.
• Experience with regulatory requirements in other jurisdictions would be an asset.
• Strength in building and environmental acoustics relating to mitigation selection and design.
• Experience in dealing with industrial, transportation, and environmental noise and vibration.
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
• Experience with managing medium to large projects in a consulting environment.
• Proven experience in successfully dealing with regulatory agencies on behalf of clients.
• Able to work with a multi-disciplinary team.
• Experience in providing supervision and mentorship to junior staff.
• A valid drivers’ license is required.
Our people remain at the core of what we do. We want our employees to succeed, however they define it—from accomplishing stimulating, challenging work to becoming leaders in their fields and communities. We are committed to support, foster, and invest in individual success through a culture of opportunity, mentorship, and innovation.
Your well-being, both health and financial, is the focus behind our competitive, flexible benefits plans and compensation programs.
To be considered, please apply directly through our website at:
Stantec – Senior Lead Acoustic Engineer
Job posted: May 10, 2018