Location: Markham, ON
2,500 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done—the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec’s Canada Central Environmental Services Practice is looking for an intermediate to senior-level Acoustical Engineer to help grow and manage our Acoustic, Noise and Vibration practice. This opportunity is located in our Markham, ON office. Our Acoustical engineers provide specialized services to a wide variety of sectors including industry, government, architecture, transportation, and buildings. Our practitioners offer a full suite of services including permitting, monitoring, modeling, planning, policy studies, design, and control.
Responsibilities will include:
• Managing projects; including budget control, client and contractor interface, final reporting etc.
• Conducting technical analysis, modeling, and measurement
• Providing direction, mentorship, and support to staff in areas of your expertise
• Growing the acoustics and vibration service area, including technical expertise, business development, and client support
• Minimum of 5-10 years consulting experience in building acoustics, environmental noise and vibration
• Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Ontario or equivalent
• Masters or Ph.D. in engineering, physics or relevant science would be an asset
• Expert in acoustical theory, field measurement and monitoring of sound and vibration
• Familiarity with a variety of sound and vibration measurement instruments and modeling software (e.g., CADNA/A, TNM, Stamina, STAMSON, etc.)
• Strong understanding of Ontario regulatory requirements and guidelines
• Strengths in building acoustics, and mitigation selection and design
• Experience in dealing with industrial, transportation, and environmental noise and vibration
• Demonstrated ability to obtain new clientele
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
• Experience with managing medium to large projects in a consulting environment
• Proven experience in successfully dealing with regulatory agencies on behalf of clients
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision and in a multi-disciplinary team
• Experience in providing supervision and mentorship to staff
• A valid drivers license is required
Interested and qualified candidates should apply to the posting online at firstname.lastname@example.org
Committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted 08 March 2017