Requisition/Vacancy No. 149016BR
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
Our team of environment specialists offers clients expertise in air quality, impact analysis and permitting, environmental health and safety management consulting/due diligence, remediation consulting/engineering and construction/site restoration, specialty and emerging technologies, waste services and water and natural resources.
AECOM’s Acoustics group is seeking an experienced acoustic engineer to join our team, working with senior colleagues to drive further growth of the group. You will have a track record in technical excellence, strong project/client management and business development in acoustics, noise and vibration consultancy. The role could be based out of Mississauga, Markham, Hamilton or Kitchener.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Acoustic engineering leadership for impact assessment, compliance reporting, and design projects
• Working in all phases of project planning and execution
• Project management, including coordination of technical staff, project and contract administration and financial management
• Business development – including developing client relationships, networking, and delivering presentations
• Pro-actively identify new and unique business opportunities to diversify and grow group capabilities
• Establish and maintain contact with new/potential client partners, to develop lasting relationships and closed sales opportunities
• Working with internal teams and external clients
• Mentoring and coaching junior staff
• Ensuring accuracy and quality of technical information and project documentation
• Work in accordance with AECOM’s Safety, Health & Environment and Quality Management System policies
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related subject with at least one course in Vibration
• Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) registered with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO), or eligibility for P.Eng.
• 10+ years of experience
• Ontario Driver’s license
• Excellent technical writing skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel)
• Solid experience with industry software (such as Cadna\A, SoundPLAN, STAMSON, EASE, Odeon)
• Fluent knowledge of Ontario’s provincial environmental guidelines
• Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with others
• Master’s Degree in Engineering
• CAD skills/experience – e.g. AutoCAD, MicroStation
• Programming skills/experience – e.g. MATLAB, LabVIEW
• GIS skills/experience – e.g. ArcGIS
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It’s what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted 30 January 2017