Business Unit: Americas
Market: Environment & Infrastructure
Job Location: Mississauga, ON
Job Reference Number: 14268
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently recruiting for a Junior Acoustics Engineer / Specialist (EIT) to join our Acoustics Centre of Expertise in Mississauga, Ontario.
The successful candidate would be expected to assume the following responsibilities and activities in this position:
• Noise and Vibration Measurements and Monitoring
• Noise and Vibration data analysis
• Acoustic modeling (CADNAA, ETC)
• Transportation noise modeling (STAMSON, ETC)
• Working under the direction of senior engineers to support project work
• Other responsibilities/activities as required to support project work
• Technical Report Preparation
• Extensive travel may be required including travel to remote locations on occasion
• Masters or Bachelors degree in Acoustics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or an equivalent or related discipline
• Eligibility for registration as a Professional Engineer or EIT would be an asset
• 1-2 years of relevant experience desired; however less experience will be considered if academic qualifications demonstrate a solid foundation in acoustics and/or vibration (candidates will be required to provide a copy of academic transcripts along with resume)
• Competency in review of engineering drawings and specifications
• Strong grasp of engineering principles as well as good mechanical aptitude and hands-on experience
• Detail-oriented person able to take on, balance and complete multiple projects
• Motivated and enthusiastic learner with the ability to work independently and in team settings
• Excellent English communication skills both oral and written
• Must have a valid driver’s license and own vehicle
• Ability to professionally interact and work with colleagues, suppliers and clients
How to Apply: Click here to apply on our website
Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors.
Employing around 36,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2015 revenues of £5.5 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry – from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products – and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers full life-cycle services to offshore and onshore oil and gas projects (conventional and unconventional, upstream, midstream and downstream) for greenfield, brownfield and asset support projects, plus leading refining technology.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.
Our Environment & Infrastructure Americas business is a leading environment and infrastructure, engineering, consulting and project management organization with about 150 offices and more than 5,500 employees. Our team of professionals provides a full range of services to clients in a wide range of sectors including government services, clean energy, industrial/pharmaceutical, water, transportation/infrastructure, mining and oil & gas.
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Posted 21 November 2016