What is the Canadian Acoustical Association?
The CAA is the professional, interdisciplinary organization that :
- fosters communication among people working in all areas of acoustics in Canada
- promotes the growth and practical application of knowledge in acoustics
- encourages education, research, protection of the environment, and employment in acoustics
- is an umbrella organization through which general issues in education, employment and research can be addressed at a national and multidisciplinary level
The CAA is a member society of the International Institute of Noise Control Engineering (I-INCE) and the International Commission for Acoustics (ICA), and is an affiliate society of the International Institute of Acoustics and Vibration (IIAV).
- Mon, 1 May 2017 | Design and Operation of Aeroacoustic Wind Tunnel Tests for Ground and Air Transport
- Thu, 2 Mar 2017 | INTER-NOISE 2017
For those submitting an paper for INTER-NOISE 2017, please be reminded that the abstract submission deadline is 31 March 2017.
Please read the session list before you start the abstract submission to make sure you are selecting the correct session for your paper.
Conference dates: 27-30 August 2017
Abstract submission deadline: 31 March 2017
Paper submission deadline: 31 May 2017
Early bird registration ends: 28 April 2017
*Deadlines will NOT be extended.
- Tue, 10 Jan 2017 | Acoustics Week in Canada 2017
You are invited to be part of Acoustics Week in Canada 2017 (AWC17) to be held October 11-13, 2017 in Guelph (Ontario). Three days of keynote talks and technical sessions will be framed by events such as the welcome reception, conference banquet and an exhibition of products and services relating to the field of acoustics and vibration. Extend your stay before or after the conference for the Octoberfest celebrations in nearby Kitchener-Waterloo. The conference website can be found here .
- Fri, 1 Apr 2016 | Acoustics Week in Canada 2016
Acoustics Week in Canada 2016 (AWC16) will be chaired by Kathy Pichora-Fuller and Clair Wakefield and held at the Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver in downtown Vancouver (BC), September 21-23, 2016.
Acoustics researchers, professionals, educators, and students are welcomed to Vancouver for three days of plenary lectures and technical sessions. The Canadian Acoustical Association Annual General Meeting will be held in conjunction with the conference, along with the Acoustical Standards Committee Meeting, the conference reception, the conference banquet, and an exhibition of acoustical equipment and services.
The Sutton Place Hotel is a short walk from the Robson Street shopping area, the Pacific Centre (Vancouver’s Premier shopping destination), the Vancouver Art Gallery and Stanley Park with its over 1000 acres of land where you can visit the Vancouver Aquarium or enjoy walks in the forest, on the beach or along the 20 km Seawall.
- Mon, 14 Dec 2015 | CAA is now social!
- Wed, 05 Aug 2015 | Looking for a job in Acoustics?