What is the Canadian Acoustical Association?
The CAA is the professional, interdisciplinary organization that :
- fosters communication among people working in all areas of acoustics in Canada
- promotes the growth and practical application of knowledge in acoustics
- encourages education, research, protection of the environment, and employment in acoustics
- is an umbrella organization through which general issues in education, employment and research can be addressed at a national and multidisciplinary level
The CAA is a member society of the International Institute of Noise Control Engineering (I-INCE) and the International Commission for Acoustics (ICA), and is an affiliate society of the International Institute of Acoustics and Vibration (IIAV).
- Fri, 1 Apr 2016 | Acoustics Week in Canada 2016
Acoustics Week in Canada 2016 (AWC16) will be chaired by Kathy Pichora-Fuller and Clair Wakefield and held at the Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver in downtown Vancouver (BC), September 21-23, 2016.
Acoustics researchers, professionals, educators, and students are welcomed to Vancouver for three days of plenary lectures and technical sessions. The Canadian Acoustical Association Annual General Meeting will be held in conjunction with the conference, along with the Acoustical Standards Committee Meeting, the conference reception, the conference banquet, and an exhibition of acoustical equipment and services.
The Sutton Place Hotel is a short walk from the Robson Street shopping area, the Pacific Centre (Vancouver’s Premier shopping destination), the Vancouver Art Gallery and Stanley Park with its over 1000 acres of land where you can visit the Vancouver Aquarium or enjoy walks in the forest, on the beach or along the 20 km Seawall.
- Mon, 04 Jul 2016 | Associate Editor position available for JCAA!
- Fri, 01 Apr 2016 | Intensive Underwater Acoustics courses - July 2016, Victoria
- Tue, 16 Feb 2016 | InterNOISE 2016